BEAUTY AND BENEFITS
The kitchen and bathrooms receive the biggest amount of use and as one of the toughest materials known to man, granite makes the ideal worktop. Heat and scratch resistant, it won’t mark like wooden or plastic versions; instead, with love and care, it will stay smooth and beautiful for years to come. What’s more, granite is a very hygienic option, as bacteria can’t grow in scratches and dents.
What’s more, no two pieces of granite are ever the same. The colour and patina vary across even a few metres of the same slab, so your worktop will always be unique and unlike anyone else’s.
Granite worktop care Dos
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Clean the worktops regularly using a recommended cleaner. We recommend HANAFINN Rejuvenata™
- If you opted to have the worktops sealed with Dry-Treat Stain-Proof™ register for your 15 year warranty against staining.
Granite worktop care Dont's
- Spill anything on the worktops for at least 24 hours after fitting as the sealer will still be curing. The worktops can be used after 24 hours but the sealer will not fully cure for another 7-10 days.
- Use harsh or abrasive cleaners (using non approved cleaners may invalidate the 15-year Stain-Proof warranty if applicable)
- Leave anything acidic on the worktops such as lemon juice, red wine etc. for a prolonged period of time. The acid may etch the polished surface leaving a dull spot. No sealer including Stain-Proof™ will fully protect against acid etching.
- Put anything very hot on the worktops. Although granite is quite heat resistant and may withstand hot things sometimes, there is always a risk of a thermal fracture if the temperature of the granite changes rapidly. We recommend using trivets around the kitchen
- Cut directly on the granite. Again granite is very scratch resistant but not scratch proof; it will also dull your knives. We recommend using a chopping board Drop anything heavy onto the worktops especially the edges. Although granite is very strong it can also be brittle and may chip